March 15, 2010

+ Jennifer Mercede


This year, one of my goals is to find a 'permanent creative outlet' me that means sticking at something, really delving in to it, really exploring it's (and mine) possibilities. I spend so much time and energy dabbling here and there, that I really am ready to 'settle' into something - do you know what I mean?

Of course I am hindered by a whole heap of insecurities; like "what if someone sees it?"(!), and "what if no-one likes it?", and I really must get my head around the fact that it isn't about 'everyone else', it really is just about me.

Jennifer Mercede

I recently read an interview over at the Portal Zine Blog from the super creative and super talented Jennifer Mercede. I has very much inspired me to continue on my quest for my own creative outlet. The words that really stuck to me are:

Q. What do you dream?
A. Of being so confident I love everyone and am free from any one's opinion of me!

Yes! Me too!

I've selected a few fun pieces out of Jennifer's store to share with you here, jump on over to her website for more... enjoy!

(images from Jennifer Mercede, quote from Portal Zine)

visit Jennifer's website
visit Jennifer's store

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Do you have any dreams for this year?? I hope you are nudging them along and you are on your way to making them come true : )

Have a great day!



Kickcan and Conkers said...

These are really pretty; especially like the top butterfly one.

Jennifer DeDonato said...

amazing colors!

Kristy said...

I found you on Pintrest today !! Love the colors you use and especially love the giraffes !!!

Eva said...

I can relate to what you wrote about settling down and focusing on one thing. I have always been told to follow my bliss. However, I've also discovered success comes a little easier if one incorporates current trends. I don't mean copying,(you get lost in the crowd if you do that) but be aware of color and content.