March 9, 2010

+ Franz Tormers


F - number two!

Ok, I'm feeling bad! ... I said I was going to do something (well I said I was going to do TWO things) and I haven't!! And now I feel terrible.

Before I started Alphabet*ten I got an email from Jo-Nanda Teuber about a fab bricks 'n' mortar and online store based in Christchurch (NZ) - Franz Tormers.

After clicking through the link I immediately knew that Franz Tormers was something that I wanted to share with you here. I proceeded to let Jo know how much I loved it, and that I would share it in our 'F' post - and, how I would tell you all about a great poster design competition they have running at the moment.

"What's that?" I hear you say. "You haven't told us about that." Yep, I haven't, and that's why I'm feeling really bad. You see, F was yesterday, and I missed writing about it, so, here we are at F number two!

But enough of being a misery guts! - Franz Tormers is a super cool store and here's the lowdown...

Franz Tormers

After working together in their design studio Out Of The Blue, three from this creative collective decided it was time to branch out and do what they really love - produce a collection of handmade limited edition designer goodness.

The name Franz Tormers is a play on the word Transformers, but also gives the collective a German sounding label, and since two of them are German, it seemed to all fit rather nicely.

"Most t-shirts, bags, prints and monsters are products of certain moments, moods and smells. To make things with your hands can be so rewarding, the day to day life as a graphic designer happens to be too computer based so your creativity gets blocked sometimes - it helps to just walk away and start sewing, drawing, printing….to express the moment you’re in."

And the collection? Well, I'll let the gallery of images below speak for themselves... This artspace and store is just one more reason why I must head south to Christchurch again, so much good stuff!

You really should take a peek:









(images and quote from Franz Tormers with thanks to Big Cartel)

NOTES:
visit the Franz Tormers website
visit the Franz Tormers online store
visit the Franz Tormers artspace and store - 16 Bedford Row, Christchurch. Open Mon - Friday 12pm - 3.30pm

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Keen on a Poster Competition?

The Franz Tormers crew have one going...

"We encouraging everyone to take part. The 'prize' is being in the exhibition where the artists can make the price for their poster and hopefully sell it. Winners will be featured on the toobig website and posters will be for sale online if they haven't sold in the exhibition."

Sounds great!

Entries close on March 16th so don't dilly-dally! All the info can be found HERE.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Please do check it out. Not because I'm feeling bad, but because I know you'll love it!

and G? well that will be here tomorrow. We might do a letter double-up closer to the end of the week, we'll see how we go...

In the meantime, have a great day! enjoy!

See you tomorrow! xxoo

No comments: