August 18, 2009

Illustration by Gosia + Gabrielle Kai + Design is Mine






Hello! I hope your day is going well : )

Are you ready??

Illustration by Gosia

As I was flicking through our catalogue looking for subjects for G I realised that every Alphabet seems to have a theme - Paper Cutting was one, softies was definitely another and it is looking like photography will feature strongly in alphabet*six. Something that has remained consistent throughout all alphabets is my love for illustration.

I am guessing that this love wont be changing any time in the near future and am chuffed to be able to share the work of Gosia - a Polish born, Canada residing, illustrator, who has a list of awards that is both extensive and impressive.

I am loving that award winning artists are making their work so accessible and easy to purchase - have a look, I am sure you will find something that you love!

(images from Gosia)

NOTES:
visit Gosia's website
visit Gosia's store at etsy and the untapped source
read Gosia's blog


Gabrielle Kai

Here is another contributor to what seems to becoming a photographic theme for alphabet*six... The gorgeous work of Azarri Jarrett.

Azzari is a self taught photographer who finds inspiration in "the simple things in life – the stillness and beauty of the world."

After the birth of her daughter in 2006, Azzari's priorities shifted and she began to see the world in a completely different light. She felt empowered to capture the beauty that this new light exposed. Azzari's daughter Gabrielle Kai is whom her business is named after - "my source of inspiration and the spark of my creativity."

Enjoy!

(images and quotes from Gabrielle Kai)

NOTES:
visit Azzari's website
visit Azzari's etsy store and big cartell store
read Azarri's blog

I wrote about Summer Allen-Gibson's blog 'Design is Mine' in Alphabet*4. I wanted to make sure that you have it bookmarked as one of your daily reads... do you?

If you don't have it bookmarked already here's some reasons why I recommend you do -
Design is Mine brings together a good dose of photo collages, a hint of fashion, fantastic Etsy finds and art collections, interior inspirations and a regular slot that inspired the Alphabet*4 post Thought of the Day.

I love it, and I know you will too! jump on over!


(image from Design is Mine)

Tomorrow brings the middle of the week, and a great line-up for H! I hope you'll join me then : )

See you soon! xxoo



No comments: