June 23, 2009

Vintage Tuesday

Hi everyone :)

I hope you didn't get too many blisters clicking through to all those links yesterday! Today is also full of great finds - Have fun!

Vintage Loe

The 'Alphabet' doesn't usually allow me to indulge in vintage finds - even though it is one of my favourite things to do.

At the moment I am loving vintage classroom tools and accessories like - map blinds, anatomical posters, abacus's and learn-to-tell-the-time clocks. I don't know why, but they really take my fancy...


(image from neryl walker with thanks from sfgirlbybay)


I do have some favourite 'haunts' that I visit regularly... mainly just to browse and find inspiration from... here are a few goodies that I've found recently that get my vintage-love juices going...

(ABOVE Botanical Prints from Ethanollie)

(ABOVE: Vintage truck from Flotsam and Jetsam)

(ABOVE Old School goodness from Three Potato Four)

I also LOVE old china. And using china to display fresh flowers is such a beautiful combination. Hybrid Stylist is a gorgeous store in Auckland (NZ) suburb Birkenhead, that has this mix down to a fine art. Luckily for all the folk in Auckland, Annie Oxborough, Hybrid's owner is not only a clever and experienced florist, she is an amazing stylist who now focuses her talents towards weddings and special events.

Alongside Annie's beautiful floral arrangements Hybrid also sells a beautiful collection of vintage china and crystal...mmmmmm!

(images from Hybrid Stylist)

I guess my vintage taste is quite eclectic, and there is hardly enough space (or time :) to show you all the vintage 'genres' that I love, - like old embroidery and hand stitching, to 1950's furniture and fabrics... ahh the list goes on! Hopefully the above gives you some places to start (or continue) your own vintage journey... enjoy!

See you tomorrow! xxoo

1 comment:

ethanollie said...

thanks so much for the feature!