June 2, 2009

L.O.V.E



The lovely letter L, YAY! and a fantastic set of goodies to showcase today. - enjoy!


Lauren Bates Jaffe

With a double major in photography and art conservation, Lauren Bates Jaffe is more than just a hobby photographer. Her work currently has her emerged in a negative restoration and photobiography project, two disciplines which combine as her thesis.

I stumbled across Lauren's store when perusing etsy one day. I love the thought (and little bit of humour) that has gone into each print. Her portfolio shows even more work - different locations, projects and restoration work.

Take a peek:


(images from Lauren Bates Jaffe)

NOTES:
visit Lauren's store

visit Lauren's website



Laurie Hastings

I was instantly drawn to the work of Laurie Hasting's. I did spend a bit of time trying to figure out what exactly I was drawn to, and I think it is the textures she creates using simple lines and patterns...like the swirling ocean below (first image) or the sky in the fourth image. These simple lines bring movement and depth to Laurie's work and I LIKE IT!

"Laurie is inspired by people and their eccentricities; the city, buildings and spaces, urban life, urban aesthetics, fifties culture and fashion, burlesque, music, drawing and printmaking."




(images and quote from Laurie Hastings)

NOTES:
visit Laurie's store
visit Laurie's website


Lucia Johnson

It took me a while to figure out how Lucia Johnson achieved such a smooth finish to her work and with amazing shadow to boot.. and yes, I should of just read the descriptions to find out, but I'm more of a look first, read later kind of gal : )

Lucia paints on windows, in layers of glass and wood (hence the shadows). She has a fabulous series of works that are of the legs of well-shoe'd woman sitting on comfy sofas (see below). And luckily for those enough who may not be able to afford an original artwork, Lucia offers prints of originals through her store - have a look...


(images from Lucia Johnson)

NOTES:
visit Lucia's store

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Favourite Find:

I wanted to let you know about my favourite find this week.. it is this gorgeous Alphabet poster from Lovely Sweet William - only $16 USD in their etsy store.

Lovely Sweet William goodies are also available in Australia at Made It and at Felt in New Zealand.


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .



I hope you enjoyed this wee adventure into L.. have a lovely day,

see you tomorrow for M xx

No comments: