October 30, 2008

S

Hi!

Sorry it has been a bit of a slow week here on the 'Alphabet'...my computer is pretty sick, and I've managed to loose quite a bit of info and different programs, so it has been a bit of a task trying to get it sorted...anyway, I am now working on Steve's computer, trying to put a very late post together..

So, despite all that carry-on I have decided to dedicate this post to my Grandmothers -

Today I bought a packet of Cameo Creme biscuits (for those who don't know them, they are two choccy biscuits, sandwiched together with a creamy filling) - anyway, I bought them purely because they remind me of my grandmother, the taste, the smell, it takes me right back to her kitchen table. Steve and I just ate the whole packet. Yeh, probably not the healthiest snack, but it was all for the sake of nostalgia!!

And... these images I have chosen for S. Are for my other Grandmother, who loved gardening, always had beautiful blooms in her garden and home and often comes to mind when I surprise myself and can name a plant or tree or flower... all because of her..

Anyway.. enjoy!

Sugar Snaps

I cant remember where I found Sugar Snaps.. but the work of Hilary Upton is included in my new photographic love affair. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Hilary is from NZ!

“With a love of nature I am drawn to photography to capture something special and highlight the magic in nature that is there but often missed - a Sugar Snap!”

Lovely, lovely prints and super cutie softies can be found in Hilary's store.. I have picked a collection of beautiful floral prints to show you.. have a look:






(images and quote from Sugar Snaps)

NOTES:
visit the Sugar Snaps store
read Hilary's blog


Studio Home Creative

So, from here I want you to skip over to Studio Home Creative.

Studio Home Creative is a fabulous NZ based Design blog that supports New Zealand and Australian design, art and craft.

Julia Atkinson is an amazing interior designer behind SHC and is responsible for introducing me to some fabulous makers and doers from around this part of the world... Like...Flox - do you remember my post about Hayley King?? Well Julia has some more of Hayley's work on her blog, it is a collaboration between Flox and Component of CutCollective... LOOK!!!


(image from CutCollective with thanks to Studio Home Creative)

NOTES:
jump right over to Studio Home Creative
visit Julia's Interior Design website
visit CutCollective's MySpace page


go on, off you go... : )


Thanks putting up with all the hiccups we hare having!!

T is next! see you then!

No comments: