September 23, 2008

WoW!



I had this wee collection of W's to post and then remembered about Wren Handmade... So, I skipped on over to Etsy to see if anything caught my eye...well! it is now about half and hour later and I have finished my journey through the work of Laura Normandin, the creative wonder behind Wren Handmade... Have you ever looked through all of her work??? Oh my, this lady is sooooooo talented! So.... I am saving all my other W's, and this entire post is dedicated to Wren Handmade and the work of Laura Normandin - enjoy!!

Wren Handmade & Laura Normandin


above: Laura in her studio

Wren Handmade is a fab wee etsy store chock full of the handmade wares of Laura Normandin. Named after an old doberman, Wren Handmade is a collection of stuffed elephants and giraffes, a gorgeous family of dolls and perfectly made miniature clothes for them to wear... and an intricate range of crocheted bracelets and hair clips. Here's a peek at Wren Handmade:







Laura is also an amazing artist and illustrator. Her portfolio is filled to the brim with beautiful and inspiring work. A Craft Editor at Martha Stewart for 10 years and a lifetime full of creative handmade pursuits, it is no wonder that Laura's work is so intricate and beautiful...

"My work consists of a catalogue of about 89 symbols which I explore in varying combinations and contexts. The objects I choose are generally humble, domestic and ordinary. They reside in a world where consumption by moth, rust and thief is imminent. Despite their venerability to decay and distress, I seek to unearth the masked strength I sense there. The idea that the lowly are strong, not despite their brokenness but because of it, is the theme to which I constantly return. To this end, I make books, paintings and artifacts and whatever else takes my fancy."


Have a look at the work of Laura Normandin:


above: An Anthology of Internal Exploits and Internal Joys, Hand-bound Book of treated Japanese Paper


above: Trivet 1. Human Hair, Linen


above: Michigan CD Art, Gouache and Cut Paper


above: Trivet 2. Human Hair, Linen.


above: The Mercy Seat. Cutouts with found Materials


above: The Mercy Seat. Cutouts with found Materials


above: An Anthology of Internal Exploits and Internal Joys, Hand-bound Book of treated Japanese Paper

(images and quote from Laura Normandin and Wren Handmade)

NOTES:
visit the Wren Handmade shop

visit Laura's website

read Laura's blog

Isn't Laura's work amazing?? I hope you found it inspiring... you should jump on over to her website and shop and fully immerse yourself in her work : )


Only two days in this Alphabet left!! I can't believe it! so... I'm pretty sure you will know what is on its way tomorrow - X!


See you then, have a great day! x

No comments: