September 11, 2008

n is for......



An eclectic bunch for you today - enjoy!

Norma V. Toraya


I have to be honest, I only discovered 'Crankbunny' yesterday...and Oh My! Norma V. Toraya (the designer behind Crankbunny) is one clever gal!! My soft spot for her amazing puppets meant that I just had to squeeze her into this 'N' post..

"Some things in life are slick, polished and blatantly obvious. But for Norma V. Toraya, who is also known as Crankbunny, these are exactly the things she shies away from. Instead, she's more inclined to explore timeless concepts like subtly, curiosity, texture and awkwardness. Her hand-drawn and computer-animated creations are often described as dark, sometimes noir and always magical."

I love them!! have a look!







(images from Crankbunny)

NOTES:
visit Norma's website
see more of Norma's work
buy from Crankbunny

notNeutral


I have been a fan of notNeutral since I discovered it a couple of years ago. I love the fact that the collection doesn't shy away from bright poppy colours and that it continues to offer a slick, modern and down to earth option for every day home wares, accessories and furniture.

Have a look:


(images from notNeutral)

NOTES:

shop at the notNeutral website
visit notNeutral at: 639 N. Larchmont Blvd. Suite 101. Los Angeles CA 90004
download the notNeutral catalogue

Nut and Bee


Annette Lauder is the designer and creator behind the super cute stationery line Nut and Bee. Based in Auckland, New Zealand, Annette's designs are developed from 'Nut and Bee's Sketchbook Sweeties' that are a series of illustrations published three times a week.

Annette also has this really snazzy feature on her website where you can vote to have your favourite 'Sketchbook Sweetie' made into a particular product - cool! take a peek:






(images from Nut and Bee)

NOTES:

visit the Nut and Bee website
read Annette's blog

And there we have it, officially in the middle of our second alphabet set! Time sure is flying by! I hope you are enjoying it so far - feel free to leave a comment and let me know your thoughts, it is always nice to hear from you : )

So... tomorrow??? you guessed it...O! I'm looking forward to it!
have a great day! x

1 comment:

kendalee said...

Ooh, I selected some of Nut and Bee's images when I had some Moo cards and stickers made up recently for my niece - soooo cute! Didn't know that they were designed by someone from New Zealand (and I do like knowing that sort of random stuff about things I buy) so thank you for that! Will definitely go and check out her blog... Still LOVING the current alphabet! :o)